Friday, May 20, 2011

Today

Rest in Peace Mary.
October 31st, 1929 to May 20th, 2011
You were a Matriarch, mother, collegiate success, sister, daughter, wife, friend, inspiration.
Phenomenal Woman.
I have so much I want to say to you, and on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning I tried to say all of it. But I know you can hear me even better now.
Your sense of style, your fashion trends, taste in jewelry, perfume, people - your flair for cooking and leading your children and grandchildren (all 14 of us) by example was with love, honesty and strength.
Married for over 55 years you are a mentor, a tutor, a phenomenal woman.
There will be lots of tears in the days to come as we wish you well on your way to St. Peter, but know that mixed in with the sadness is a joyful relief that you have been relieved from your fog (damned Alzheimer's) and from your pains (stupid spreading cancers).
We rejoice in your freedom, and selfishly wish you could still be here.
Thank you for always being who you were - through and through.
Mary (Clancy) Oram, love and respect, and all my best.
Don't worry, we'll keep an eye on Jack until he's ready too.

your granddaughter.

1 comment:

  1. So I was up from 240 when the storm was getting louder, then for 3:08 when the barrel rolling thunder shook the house, until about 4am. I thought..."It sounds like a battle...and to the victor goes the spoils...the Soul." And now it's sunny outisde with blue skies and fluffy clouds for the first time since last Friday...she is Free and Home, and the sun has returned to us. Yeah, I went there.

    ReplyDelete