Monday, August 16, 2010

Strength

I was inspired by John Michael Bell - also from March 31st, 2008.

Strength

When the shadows fall and the Moon so hides,
Will the Dark come to find a place to call
Home? The marks made the hero, who abides
All the crumbling ruins ne'er thought to fall.
As his children come to know the full dark
That wreaked havoc across their world and more,
They will grow, adults who will see the stark
Differences between the centre and the core.
"Who will see my pain," the martyrs all said,
"Coming to the end my Soul cannot stay,
"Now I go to the beyond, leave my stead,
"I'll hold your hand, protect you from the way
"These fallen shadows come to seek your Death."
That hero has died, but you felt his might
Which kept the lost Sun from stealing your breath,
So you'll rise to your true Wings, child of Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment