Monday, August 16, 2010

Soul Stranger

Here's a poem I wrote February 23rd, 2009.

you run you hide & you leave me behind
you're here you're with me
you're gone you're distant why don't you see me?
i'm right here i'm real
i'm shaking your shoulders, slapping your face
oh, now you see me?
what's wrong, why'd you leave me, where did you go?
what was so SHINY?
i've begged, i've cried, i've prayed, i've screamed, i've died
but you wouldn't move
i stare into those eyes but you're not there
they're so cruel and cold
i i remember their glow, passion, their light
darkness reigns there now
i reach out towards the face i see; once knew
a hand reaches out
you can't feel me, my pain, you like that, safe
i drop my hand, then
you're hopeless, i close my eyes, count to ten
with open eyes i see
you've come to the same decision, we're stuck
no way out of it
no one else knows of me and you're me in this glass
Don't Break the Mirror!
i always tell you the truth, you know that
yes i do i know
you left because i did, lost my soul's path
we're still looking, still
don't leave me, i won't leave you, we'll make it
i, your inner Soul
swear to never forget what, who - i am
love, life, we'll do both!

No comments:

Post a Comment