Monday, August 16, 2010

Blooming Blushing Bruises

Here's another poem I wrote that day.

I was told by someone close to me to add a disclaimer that no one hit me before I wrote this.

white and red, black and blue
yellow green
brown purple
all the colors of my skin
as i try to heal
never meant for this to be
but i guess i guessed wrong
you were right
does that make you feel better
to say it
I TOLD YOU SO
loathing
i hate you
i hate them
i hate me
i was stupid
wrong and worse
underestimation of the villain
now i'm the one who's crying
oh wait-
here's the REAL kicker!
i took the blow for you!
so hold my hand
tell me you love me
tell me you're thankful
but don't tell me "i told you so"
or
you can leave
i don't need your hypocrisy
as the olive in my painful cocktail
i still love you - please don't leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment